Chocolate Bacon Bark
- Ready in
Chocolate and DON bacon? Have you? Would you? Could you? Of course you can
Watch Recipe Video
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 5 slices of DON bacon, diced
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- maple syrup
- Dice DON bacon rashers to desired size and place in a small frying pan over medium heat, sauté for about 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Then add a splash of maple syrup and let simmer for a further minute or two.
- Remove bacon from pan and place onto a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any grease. Set aside to cool.
- To melt chocolate; fill a small saucepan with 1-2 inches of water, and bring water to a boil.
- Place a heatproof bowl over saucepan and add chocolate chips.
- Melt chocolate slowly in double boiler, stirring continuously.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once all chocolate is melted, pour over baking paper.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate evenly over baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bacon.
- Place baking tray in refrigerator until chocolate has cooled and set hard.
- Chop chocolate into pieces/shards and serve. Enjoy
- TIP: Get creative and add other interesting ingredients to your chocolate bacon bark, like cranberries or banana chips.