Chorizo, Potato and Piquillo Sizzle Plate with Smoked Aioli
The sizzle and aroma of the caramelised chorizo will get your appetite going! These flavours are a match made in heaven – well complemented with a smooth glass of red wine.
- 1 cup store-bought aioli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g Don Chorizo, cut into wedges
- 3-4 chat potato, boiled and halved
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 6-8 piquillo peppers, finely sliced
- 2 stems parsley, leaves picked
- 2 baguette, broken into halves
- Combine aioli, paprika and lemon juice in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat four sizzle or cast iron plates on a medium high flame, add oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Add chorizo and potato, cook until golden, making sure the potato doesn’t stick.
- Sprinkle capers and piquillo slices over potato and chorizo. Heat through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve on wooden board with smoked aioli and baguette.