DON Bacon Carbonara with Sweet Peas
- Ready in
- 200g pouch DON® ‘Just Add’ Chopped Middle Bacon
- 300g linguine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 125mL (½ cup) thickened cream
- 110g (¾ cup) parmesan, grated
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water as per pack instructions.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add bacon and cook until browned (approx. 5 minutes). Add peas and garlic and cook a further minute.
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a small bowl.
- Return drained pasta to the pot on low heat. Add bacon pea mixture, egg mix, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper and combine.
- Scatter over extra parmesan to serve.