DON Bacon Frittata
- Ready in
With this Bacon Frittata, breakfast will never be the same again! #IsDonIsGood
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 4 small Yukon Gold potatoes (about 500g), cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g DON Premium Butcher’s Style Bacon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet or pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and garlic and sauté.
- Then add potatoes and stock and cover with lid, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender (about 12-14 minutes).
- Uncover and add bacon and parsley, cook for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Add cheese and then pour egg mixture into pan.
- Increase heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes lifting up edges of frittata with a spatula to let the egg go to the bottom.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until knife inserted in the centre of the frittata comes out clean.
- Add parsley as garnish and serve.