DON Bacon, Pecan & Maple Ice-cream
- Ready in
- 200g pouch DON® ‘Just Add’ Chopped Middle Bacon
- 1L vanilla ice-cream
- 100g pecan nut pieces
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon golden syrup
- Place ice-cream into the refrigerator to soften.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add bacon & chopped pecans to slightly brown (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add the maple and golden syrups, cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until syrup is slightly thickened and coats the bacon and nuts.
- Spread on a piece of baking paper to cool.
- Once cooled, roughly chop the candied bacon and pecans, and add to a large mixing bowl with the softened vanilla ice-cream, mixing until well combined.
- Place ice-cream into a large lidded freezer container and re-freeze.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of maple syrup.