DON Chorizo & White Bean Ragu
- Ready in
Is Don Is Chorizo and white bean ragu! #IsDonIsGood
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- ¼ bunch celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 sachets (100g) tomato paste
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 375g DON Chorizo, sliced thinly on angle
- 825g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Seasoning, to taste
- ¼ bunch thyme, half leaves picked, half sprigs for garnish
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked, finely sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta, sliced and toasted
- In a heavy based saucepan heat ¼ cup olive oil. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, tomato, tomato paste, white wine, water, maple syrup and chorizo. Simmer for 30 mins.
- Season and stir in cannellini beans. Cover and cook until beans are soft.
- Garnish and Serve on wooden board with toasted ciabatta.