DON Pigs in a Blanket
- Ready in
- Makes 32
DON Footy Franks, perfect for the family or any crowd you are entertaining. #PigsInBlankets #IsDonIsGood
- 8 DON Footy Franks
- 2 sheets of butter puff pasty
- 1 egg, beaten
- Dijon mustard
- Tomato sauce to serve
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- poppy seed, for topping (optional)
- On a lightly floured work surface, lay out each sheet of pasty and cut in 4 squares.
- Lightly brush lower half of each square with mustard, center a Frankfurt on mustard-coated edge, and brush top corner with beaten egg mix.
- Roll sausages in pastry, pressing seams to tightly seal. Brush tops with egg, then sprinkle with poppy seeds or flaky salt.
- Cut each at an angle into thirds. Freeze pigs in blankets, uncovered, on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm (about 10 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place frozen pigs in blankets on lined baking tray and back for 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce or your favourite relish.