DON Quick Chorizo & Prawn Paella
- Ready in
- 150g pouch DON® ‘Just Add’ Sliced Authentic Chorizo
- 450g family size microwave white rice
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ can (200g) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 12 green prawn cutlets
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Vegetable or olive oil to sauté onion
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Microwave rice as per pack instructions.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and add onion and capsicum and cook until browned. Add chorizo, garlic, paprika and saffron threads and cook for a further minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir through, then add the prepared rice and combine.
- Add the prawns and cover with the lid. When prawns are cooked through (approx. 5 minutes), stir through the peas and parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges.