DON Salami and Mozzarella Chicken Roll Up
- Ready in
Love Salami? Why not try these salami and mozzarella chicken roll-ups as something different for dinner tonight.
- 100g thinly sliced DON White Hungarian salami
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 1 jar (800g) of Passata sauce
- 4 chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breasts
- Coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Whole mozzarella ball
- Rice. for serving
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Pound out the chicken breast to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet, and slice in half. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, spread a layer of sauce on the flattened chicken, then sprinkle 2 heaped tablespoons of shredded mozzarella, and then top with your favorite DON salami. Start to roll up the chicken starting from the thinnest end. Secure with a skewer.
- Grease a large casserole dish using butter, and then cover the bottom of the dish generously with sauce. Placing the skewered chicken roll ups in pan and spoon sauce over top of each one and then pour any leftover sauce into bottom of the pan. Add mozzarella to the top of each breast.
- Bake 45 minutes until bubbly all over. Remove the skewers for serving.
- Serve with cooked rice or a Greek salad.