DON Salami, Zucchini and Cheese Fritters
- Ready in
Fresh grated zucchini fried up with hot salami, cheese, and green onion. The perfect side for any breakfast/ brunch, or even a light lunch.
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- DON Hot Hungarian Salami
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Greek Yoghurt to serve
- Fresh Chives or Dill to serve
- Place grated zucchini in a strainer. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Sit for 20 minutes. Wrap zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a non-stick frypan, cook the salami until crisp. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel. Chop salami once cool.
- In a bowl, combine zucchini, flour, egg, green onions, garlic, and salami; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oil in frypanover medium heat. Using a tablespoon, place one scoop of batter for each fritter in the hot frypan, flattening with a spatula and cooking for 2 minutes or until the underside is nicely golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Dress with some greek yoghurt & fresh chives or dill