Double DON Lasagne
- Ready in
You don’t need to be in Italy to know how a perfect lasagne is done! Try our delicious DON lasagne with chorizo and ham – perfect for the whole family.
- 830mL peeled plum tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- DON Chorizo, skinned and sliced diagonally
- DON English Style Thinly Sliced Leg Ham
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over stovetop and panfry chorizo for 1 minute or until half-cooked. Set aside and drain on paper towel.
- To create the sauce, warm 3 tbsp. of olive oil and 1 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in garlic, onion, celery, carrot, parsley and chilli. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are completely soft.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover partially and simmer for 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in another tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a baking dish, cover the base with a layer of sauce. Continue layering in the following order: lasagne sheets, sauce, crumbled ricotta, sprinkled parmesan, scattered basil leaves, DON English Style Thinly Sliced Leg Ham and more lasagne sheets. Repeat each layer another 4 times.
- For the top layer, spread sauce, and add chorizo and ricotta sparingly. Sprinkle with mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves. Cook for 20-30 minutes.