Kabana Sausage Rolls
- Ready in Print
This crowd pleaser will be off the plate in a matter of minutes! DON® kabana is well complemented with the crispy pastry.
- 4 sticks of DON® Traditional Kabana
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh sage, optional
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Tomato relish, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a 30cmx20cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Lightly brush each long-side edge with beaten egg, and place a stick of DON® Kabana on the left hand vertical edges.
- Sprinkle with the chopped sage, if using.
- Roll the pastry tightly around the kabana to enclose and form a roll, trimming each end to neaten.
- Cut the rolls crossways into smaller lengths, about 2–3 times, to make 8–12 rolls.
- Place rolls on the lined tray, allowing space between each roll. Brush the top of each kabana roll with the remaining beaten egg, and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20–25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve immediately with tomato relish, if desired.