Polish Sausage Green Pea Soup
Who grew up eating Polish sausage? Well even if you didn’t, you will wish you had after trying this amazingly tasty soup!
- 300g DON® Polish sausage
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, picked
- 700g peas
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan; add the onion and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes until the onions begin to soften. Add the carrot and celery sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and thyme. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove half of the peas from the liquid and place in a blender. Pulse until roughly chopped. Add the peas back to the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut DON polish sausage into thick slices and then halve. Peel off the casing and stir through the soup.
- Add the mint leaves and serve with crusty bread.