Salami & Zucchini Frittata
There’s nothing like a fresh crunchy baguette filled with DON® Salami and all the trimmings! Try this easy baguette recipe for a better lunch.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium (350g trimmed) zucchinis, coarsely grated
- 6 eggs
- 1 × 200ml tub light or regular sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill or parsley
- 2 × 100g packs Don Sliced 50% Less Fat Mild Salami, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a large frypan. Add onion and stir over low heat for about 5 minutes until translucent and softened. Add zucchini and stir for a further 2 minutes over heat until evenly heated through.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream and dill together with a fork until smooth. Stir in hot zucchini mixture, salami and cheese. Season to taste.
- Generously brush a 1.5-2 litre round or square ovenproof dish with olive oil. Gently pour mixture into baking dish and press zucchini and salami into egg mixture to form an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch in the centre.
- Serve hot or cold with a mixed leaf salad, cherry tomatoes and avocado.