Salami, Ricotta & Pesto Pizza
Let this recipe take you to the flavours of Italy. A gourmet pizza recipe with DON® salami is sure to satisfy.
- 1 Greek style souvlaki bread (eg. Bazaar Greek yiros wraps)
- Olive oil spray
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality basil pesto or pizza sauce
- ½ cup of ricotta cheese (from the deli)
- 4-5 slices DON® 50% Less Fat Mild Salami (from a 100g presliced packet), halved
- 1 teaspoon baby capers (optional)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket, misuna or other salad leaves to serve
- Place a baking tray in the oven and preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly spray both sides of bread with a little olive oil.
- Place bread on the preheated tray and bake for 2-3 minutes until hot and slightly crisped.
- Remove from oven on the tray and spread evenly with pesto. Spoon small dollops of ricotta on top and press down evenly.
- Top with salami, capers and tomatoes then sprinkle with Parmesan and black pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cooked to desired taste.
- Serve topped with fresh rocket or salad leaves.