Crafted Stout Waffles with Bacon & Maple
A salty sweet brunch treat! DON Crafted Stout & Molasses cured bacon perfectly paired with stout waffles, sweet maple and cinnamon crème fraiche.
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup O’Brien Stout
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices DON Stout with Molasses Bacon
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup, for drizzling
- blueberries, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, O’Brien Stout and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and whisk until just combined. Heat waffle maker.
- Pour ¼ of batter into pre-heated waffle maker. Cook for several minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook DON Stout with Molasses bacon in a frying pan until golden and crisp around the edges. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine crème fraiche and cinnamon, set aside.
- For serving; stack waffles onto plates, top with crème fraiche, bacon, drizzle with maple syrup and serve with blueberries.