Chorizo & Prawn Paella
- Ready in
Be inspired by this Spanish favourite! Escape to the flavours of Spain with this delicious chorizo and prawn paella.
- 2 cups fish or chicken stock
- Large pinch saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 fresh de-veined green prawns
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 1¼ cups paella or medium grain rice
- 250g Don Diced Chorizo
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ red capsicum sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- Heat fish or chicken stock in a medium saucepan until boiling, add saffron threads and set aside.
- Pan-fry green prawns in olive oil until just turning pink. Remove from pan and set aside. Add red onion to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in rice and Don Chorizo, cook on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until rice has changed colour.
- Add heated stock and bring to the boil stirring continually. Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen peas and red capsicum and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes. Top with cooked prawns, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley leaves.