Pancetta & Pumpkin Risotto
- Ready in
A favourite meal option for dinner has just gotten better! Try this risotto with pancetta and pumpkin.
- 100g DON® Pancetta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 200g pumpkin, cubed
- 400g Arborio or short grain rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1½ L vegetable or chicken stock
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the leeks for about 5 minutes until soft, but not coloured.
- Add the pumpkin and fry gently, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Once combined, slowly add in the white wine, stirring until it is absorbed.
- Add the stock, stirring regularly for approximately the next 20 minutes, until the grains are swollen and soft.
- Fold the DON® Pancetta into the rice mixture.
- Take the risotto off the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Cover and stand for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a warmed serving platter, season to taste and serve.