Pancetta Caesar Salad
- Ready in
Looking for a light lunch? Check out this quick and easy recipe for a yum Caesar salad!
- 100g DON® Pancetta
- ½ French bread stick
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup French dressing
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 4 cups torn cos lettuce leaves
- 2 cups crisp spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shaved
- Sauté the DON® Pancetta in a frying pan until crisp. Dry on absorbent paper towel.
- For the garlic croutons, preheat oven to 200°C. Cut the French bread stick into 1cm cubes. Mix the olive oil and garlic and brush over the bread.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden, turning once during cooking.
- For the dressing, boil the egg for 1 1/2 minutes, peel and mash. Combine the egg with the French dressing, mustard and anchovy fillets in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine the lettuce, spinach, and dressing and toss lightly. Finish with Parmesan, garlic croutons and crispy DON® Pancetta.