Potato Pizza with Bacon & Thyme
- Ready in
- Makes 2 x 12
Everybody loves a crusty pizza – this recipe offers a gourmet twist, great served with a fresh rocket salad. Tip: Add a few chopped olives for some added variety.
- 1 quantity pizza dough, see separate recipe
- 1 cup passata
- 3-4 chat potato, boiled and thinly sliced
- 250g Don Rindless Bacon Rashers, finely diced into cubes
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 stems thyme, half leaves picked, half sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll pizza dough to make two 12-inch bases, approximately 5mm thick. Dock with a fork.
- Spread passata over bases, top with potato, bacon and mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt and thyme leaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve.