Bacon, Goat Cheese and Basil Pasta Bake
- Ready in
Perfect for a cold winter night, this pasta bake is sure to warm you up. Crispy bacon with oozing goats cheese is a sensation on the tastebuds!
- 1 tbls olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 250g DON Diced Bacon
- 1 bay leaf
- 680g passata or pasta sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 300g penne, cocked to packet instructions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 150g goats cheese
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Extra hebs and Parmesan to serve
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large saucepan and add garlic, onion, and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add bay leaf, passata, stock cube, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the herbs, penne and seasoning.
- Gently stir to combine and place the pasta mix in a 1.5 litre oven proof baking dish. Top with goats cheese and parmesan.
- Place in a pre-heated 200oc oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, top with a sprinkle of the extra fresh herbs and grated parmesan.