Baked Ham with Chipotle Orange Glaze
An inspired baked ham – perfect for those special occasions with loved ones. Tip: Serve with crunchy roast potatoes and green beans.
- 1 whole KRC Early Settlers Ham
- 2 cups orange juice
- 50g chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 bunch thyme, half leaves picked, half tied bunch
- ⅔ cup castor sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 1 orange, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove skin from ham and score fat in diamond pattern.
- Bring orange juice, chipotle, thyme, sugar and salt to boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place ham on roasting rack and glaze using the thyme bunch as a basting brush. Bake for approximately 100 minutes, basting with glaze every 20 minutes.
- On a separate tray, arrange orange slices and glaze with marinade. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place orange slices on finished ham and drizzle with glaze to serve.