Chorizo & White Bean Ragu
A hearty dish full of flavour and texture! Tip: For that sweet and salty taste, add some maple syrup when pan-frying the chorizo!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- ¼ bunch celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 sachets (100g) tomato paste
- ⅓ cup water
- 825g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Seasoning, to taste
- ¼ bunch thyme, half leaves picked, half sprigs for garnish
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked, finely sliced
- 500g Don Chorizo, sliced thinly on angle
- 1 loaf ciabatta, sliced and toasted
- In a heavy based saucepan heat ¼ cup olive oil. Sauté carrot, celery, onion, garlic and tomato until soft.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, add tomato paste and water. Simmer for thirty minutes, adjusting consistency with water if necessary.
- Add beans, season and stir through herbs. Transfer to cast iron serving pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil and pan-fry chorizo. Add chorizo to beans, reserving pieces for garnish.
- To serve, transfer ragu to cast iron serving pan and heat through. Garnish with chorizo and thyme sprigs. Serve on wooden board with toasted ciabatta.