Creamy Ham, Spinach & Mushroom Pizza
- Ready in
- Makes 2 x 12
No one can resist this mouth-watering pizza.. this more-ish dish will leave you wanting more. A great weeknight dinner option.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 stems thyme, half leaves picked, half for garnish
- ¾ cup pure cream
- Seasoning, to taste
- 1 quantity pizza dough, see separate recipe
- 30g spinach leaves
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 250g Don Prager Ham, cut into 5mm thick slices and then into long strips
- 2½ cups mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in heavy-based saucepan. Sauté onions until clear, without colour. Add wine and thyme leaves, simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and simmer until reduced by half again. Season to taste, then sieve and refrigerate.
- Roll pizza dough to make two 12-inch bases, approximately 5mm thick. Dock with a fork.
- Spread sauce over bases, top with spinach, mushroom, ham and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve on a pizza board.