Crispy Bacon with Smashed Avocado, Feta & Mint
Indulge in this classic flavour combination, best served for a weekend breakfast.
- 2-3 desiree potato, peeled & boiled until just tender
- ½ bunch thyme, leaves picked
- Seasoning, to taste
- 2-3 avocado
- 240g Greek-style feta cheese
- 16 leaves mint, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 8 rashers Don Rindless Bacon Rashers
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Grate potatoes. Add thyme, seasoning and mould into patties. Chill.
- Mash avocado, feta, mint and chilli with half of the olive oil. Season carefully as the feta will give a lot of salt.
- Preheat deep fryer to 180°C. Fry hash until golden. Keep warm.
- Pan fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Arrange hash and a generous serve of avocado on plate, top with bacon and garnish with lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.