DON Chilli Dogs
- Ready in
Our DON Chilli Dogs will help spice up game day!
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kg minced beef
- 2 ½ cups of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 DON Skinless footy franks
- 4 hot dog rolls
- ½ cup grated Cheddar
- Salt and black pepper – season to taste
- Add olive oil to fry pan and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it is soft and translucent. Add the minced beef and cook until nicely browned. Stir in the tomato sauce, chilli powder, and mustard and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the DON footy franks to your preference, either on the grill or boil in water.
- Bring a pot of water up to a simmer and parboil the dogs for about 5 minutes. Take them out of the water, pat them dry, and grill them just long enough to mark them.
- Brush the insides of the rolls with olive oil and lay them face down on the grill; cook until toasty. To serve, put a dog in each roll and top with the chilli and some Cheddar.