DON Ham & Grilled Peach Salad
- Ready in
Create this elegant summer appetizer that marries the sweetness of smoky grilled peaches with thinly sliced English ham. Perfect for entertaining with friends in Spring or Summer.
Depending on the season, you could also make this salad with apricots, plums and pears.
- 2 large Peaches, halved and pitted
- DON Naturals English Style Ham slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 150g Mozeralla Cheese
- 150g Rocket leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Brush the peaches with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a pan cut-side down, and grill over high heat, cook until lightly charred, allow approx 1 to 2 minutes. Then flip the peaches and cook 1 minute more. Then set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper, then toss in the rocket leaves. Transfer the rocket to a platter and arrange the peaches on top with the mozeralla cheese, ham and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve.
- Note: When choosing peaches for grilling, be sure to pick fruit that's slightly firmer.