DON Loaded BBQ Hotdogs
- Ready in
- DON Skin-on Footy Franks
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 hot dog buns
- 3 ½ tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp chilli, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned whole peeled tomato
- 1 cup liquid beef stock
- 400 g canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups cheddar
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Quarter DON Skin-on Footy Franks
- Whisk together BBQ sauce and butter. Pour over DON Skin-on Footy Franks and mix across tray to ensure mixture is evenly spread
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over high heat and brown the mince.
- Add onion, chilli and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in peeled tomato and cook for two minutes, then add the beef stock, beans, oregano and cumin. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut a lengthways hole in the hot dog buns. Scoop out filling and brush with garlic butter
- Spoon 1 tbsp of beef chilli into the hole then top with 5 slices of Frankfurt
- Top buns with cheese and red onion then bake for 5 minutes.