DON Zucchini Boats
- Ready in
The DON zucchini boats are perfect to take to work for lunch, or for an easy go-to family dinner. Light, healthy and tasty!
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup brown onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup DON All Natural Double Smoked Sliced Ham, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seed, crushed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 slice bread
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- ¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 190 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise down the centre. Scoop out the flesh and add to food processor along with onion. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour zucchini mixture into a separate bowl. Mix in fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt and DON All Natural Double Smoked Sliced Ham.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the zucchini mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until the zucchini has given up most of its liquid. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a couple of extra minutes.
- Add parsley and bread chunks to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to zucchini mixture and add basil and mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Coat the interior of the zucchini boats with olive oil. Scoop the zucchini mixture into each zucchini boat and arrange in a baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle parmesan over zucchini boats. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve with basil leaves.