Double Bacon Wagyu Burger
A delicious wagyu burger with bacon in every bite! DON Crafted Bacon Rounds are hand-rolled to perfectly fit the shape of your burger bun. Perfectly paired with bacon jam, this is the ultimate double bacon burger!
- Bacon Jam:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- Pinch salt flakes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sprig thyme leaves
- 150g DON Shortcut Bacon, cut into 2cm dice
- 500g wagyu beef mince
- 1 egg
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices DON Bacon Rounds
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomatoes and cheese slices, for serving
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions and salt, cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Meanwhile, cook off DON Shortcut Bacon pieces in a separate pan until just crisp.
- Add sugar, balsamic and thyme to onions and stir through well. Add bacon pieces and cook over low heat a further 15 minutes until thick and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- For burgers, mix together the mince, egg and seasonings. Form into patties and cook until golden and just cooked through. Simultaneously, cook DON Bacon Rounds until golden and crisp.
- Assemble burgers with a good spread of bacon jam on the bottom of the bun, top with lettuce, tomatoes, burger patty, cheese and bacon. Enjoy.