English Ham and Cheese Platter with Heirloom Tomatoes and Pumpkin Marmalade
The classic platter is always party pleaser. This selection of slices of DON® Ham, crumbly cheese and crisp crackers is perfectly paired with a glass of red wine.
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into fine (1mm) dice
- 1 orange, quartered and sliced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp currants
- ½ cinnamon quill
- ⅓ cup jam sugar
- 1 star anise
- 500g Don Sliced English Leg Ham
- 6-8 mixed colour and sized heirloom tomatoes, halved and/or quartered
- 40g Montasio
- 40g Manchego
- 40g Ridder
- 60g mustard cress
- 1 baguette
- Combine pumpkin, oranges, orange juice, currants, cinnamon, sugar and star anise in a heavy based saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 90 minutes. Transfer to sterilised jars and chill before serving.
- Arrange ham, tomatoes and cheeses on serving platter. Garnish with mustard cress and serve with marmalade and baguette.