Leg Ham and Baked Ricotta Platter with Quail Eggs and Pickled Walnuts
- Ready in
Baked ricotta complements this mild ham – an elegant platter for serving guests.
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 100g fresh ricotta
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Seasoning, to taste
- 500g Don Champagne Shaved Leg Ham
- 100g pickled walnuts
- 8-10 cornichons
- 1 cup smoked olives
- 6 quail eggs, boiled for 3 minutes, iced, peeled and halved
- ¼ bunch watercress
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four ramekins with butter.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan, egg and seasoning. Fill into ramekins and bake for 12-15 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Chill.
- Remove chilled ricotta from ramekin, place on platter with ham, walnuts, cornichons, olives, quail eggs and watercress.