Salami, Broad Bean and Potato Salad
A refreshing twist on the classic potato salad. This dish is a perfect complement to a summer barbeque or even on its own!
- 400 grams of thick-cut DON® Hungarian salami
- 2kg kipfler potatoes
- 1.2kg fresh broad beans, shelled
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of English spinach leaves
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely cut on an angle
- Boil potatoes until tender but not mash. Peel potatoes and cut into 3cm lengths. Set aside to cool.
- Add the broad beans to a large pan of boiling water, simmer uncovered for 2 minutes then drain. Place in a bowl of iced water then peel away the outer skin of the bean. Throw away the skins.
- In a bowl place the potatoes, broad beans, DON® Hungarian salami, and the remaining ingredients and lightly toss together until evenly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve