The Chilli Dog
- Ready in
This hot dog cart classic dates back to 1939 Los Angles and is topped with meat sauce or chilli. It’s a perfect way to dress up your hot dog and utilise taco mince or chilli con carne.
- 4 DON Frankfurts from the Deli
- 4 Tip Top Hot Dog Rolls
- 200g Beef Mince, Pre-made Taco Mince or Chilli Con Carne
- ¼ Cup (60g) Jalapenos
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Chilli Sauce (or Peri Peri Sauce)
- Fresh Chilli to Garnish (optional)
- Cook DON Frankfurts in boiling water for 5 minutes or until heated through. Once cooked, place on paper towel to drain excess water.
- Lightly spray a pan with oil and cook the mince for 8-10 min or until browned or heat through pre-made taco mince or chilli con carne.
- Slice each hot dog roll in half and place a DON Frankfurt inside each.
- Top with mince and jalapenos, sprinkle over cheese, drizzle with chilli sauce and enjoy!
- Feeling Fancy? Why not try something different? Create a Nacho Dog by topping with corn chips and sour cream.