White Hungarian Salami Pasta Bake
- Ready in
This winter warmer is true comfort food! DON® Hungarian salami mixed through this classic pasta bake is a match made in heaven!
- 500g pasta elbows
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 300g DON® White Hungarian Salami, chopped or torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 × 375ml can evaporated milk
- 1 × 400g can tinned tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra, to serve
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Warm oil in frypan over medium heat. Sauté onion and DON® White Hungarian Salami for approximately 3 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and salami and stir for 1 minute, until absorbed. Slowly add evaporated milk, stirring constantly until well combined, then add tinned tomatoes.
- Combine cooked pasta, salami sauce and parsley. Season generously with pepper. Transfer to a 2L capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve.