Vermicelli Noodles with DON® White Hungarian Salami XO Sauce
- Ready in
- Makes 4 serves
Brought to you by Georgina Dent from Anchovy, these Vermicelli Noodles with XO sauce and DON® White Hungarian Salami are sure to spice up your weekly dinner routine!
- 50ml soy sauce
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 50g dried shrimp, soaking in hot water
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 dried chillies
- 3 shallots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 50g ginger
- 150g DON® White Hungarian Salami
- 250ml canola oil
- 250g Vermicelli noodles
- 200g various mushrooms
- ¼ bunch coriander
- ¼ bunch spring onion
- Dice the DON® White Hungarian Salami and soak in hot water to release the flavour, set aside.
- Finely chop garlic, shallots, and chillies (or mince in a food processor).
- Drain shrimp from hot water and crush in mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a wok on a medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallots and ginger and stir continuously on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain water from the DON® White Hungarian Salami and combine with the shrimp and chilli in a bowl.
- Remove garlic, shallots and ginger from the stove and drain the oil into a bowl.
- Add the same oil back into the pan and add the salami, shrimp and chillies, continuously stirring for five minutes.
- After five minutes, add in the other ingredients, salami water and a 1 tbsp of caster sugar
- Stir in Shaoxing wine, reducing for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 25 minutes add in soy sauce and stir.
- Add water to a medium sized pot and place a medium size fry pan on the stove.
- Add oil to the hot pan and cook mushrooms until they’re golden brown.
- Add noodles to the boiling water which should take 1 – 2 minutes to cook through.
- Strain noodles and add to the mushrooms
- Mix through a cup of XO sauce and stir. Add more or less depending on how much spice you like!